Mrs. May’s Web Page
October 27th - Dress Down Wear red for Red Ribbon Week
October 28th - Dress Down Day for Catholic Charities
October 31st - Trunk or Treat (Students may wear costumes to school.)
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: H36GR
Order Due Date: November 18th
Place your order online at scholastic.com/readingclub or return the order form and payment to me. Ordering online is the easiest way to ensure I get your order on time. Also, there are more books to choose from as well as teacher recommendations. If you return the order form to me, please send payment by check, made out to Scholastic Reading Club. Be sure it is in an envelope, marked with your child’s name.
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Kindergarten students receive homework Monday-Thursday. This work should take no more than 15 minutes to complete.
Math homework will be a review of the skill practiced that day. The page has "My Homework" across the top. Please return this homework in your child's take home folder.
Reading homework will come home in your child's reading folder. Please have your child read the enclosed book, poem, or list of sight words to you. Most books need to be returned, however, if we write or color in them, they can be kept at home. Throughout the year, we will be making lots of books that can be kept. It would be a good idea to store these books in a place where they can be read again and again. Reading familiar books will help boost your child’s fluency and confidence!
Here are the words we know:
I the see can a is here
an big little this
Visit the following websites for helpful resources, review materials, and activities.
- www.raz-kids.com This website provides animated leveled readers and short comprehension quizzes. Log in information will be sent home soon.
- http://www.mrsperkins.com/dolch.htm This is a great website for sight word materials.
- http://www.mrcpl.org/literacy/lessons/sight/index.html sight words games
- http://www.quiz-tree.com/Sight-Words_main.html sight words talking charts
- http://www.kidzone.ws/phonics/index.htm word family activities
http://www.gamequarium.org/dir/Readquarium/Phonics_and_Phonemes/Chunks_and_Word_Families/ reading games
- www.storylineonline.net Listen to your some favorite stories!
- www.reading.ecb.org Play games that practice reading strategies.
- www.switcherzoo.com Learn about amazing animals!
- www.funbrain.com reading and math games