1st Grade Information from Ms. Kaeser
- Please provide a healthy snack for your child daily. Reminder: our classroom is tree nut/peanut free for the health and safety of all children.
- Water bottles are permitted. Please use type with straw or spout; no wide mouths. Plastic or aluminum only.
- There are 3-4 field trips planned yearly. The average cost is 12.00 per student. Often these educational experiences are planned well in advance, therefore must at times be paid for a month or two prior to trip.
- Homework is assigned Monday through Thursday. Please place homework in your child’s take home folder. Allow approximately 20 total minutes for math (10) and spelling (10). Additionally Book Bags are sent home Monday through Thursday. These are to be returned the following day with the reading log. Please have your child read for at least 10 minutes nightly.
- Take home folders are to be returned daily Monday through Friday.
- Any notes from home are to be placed in your child’s take home folder. Please use a good size piece of paper. Post It notes or small notepad papers are easily overlooked or lost.
- Special home projects will be assigned from time to time. Instructions and due dates will be sent as needed.
- Dismissal: If you plan to pick up your child from school or are sending them to afterschool care please send a note.
- Birthdays are a special day in 1st grade. If you wish to send a special treat please adhere to tree nut/peanut free snacks. Treats can be placed in the cafeteria on the service bar, labeled with your child’s name and grade. Send me a note so I know it’s there.
- If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail me at email@example.com
- The first spelling test is Thursday, September22nd.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.